Sunday, September 22, 2013

September


Hello Family!

Below is a picture of my crazy class. These first and second graders are on a field trip to the pond about a 1/2 mile walk from our school. I think they are all screaming "WE LOVE BUGS!"




Caleb is hardly in any pictures these days, so I made him take this picture before he left for Minnesota. These are his "traveling" clothes.  All the boys have the same getup so they look the same. They actually look very nice. Their weekend in Anchorage playing the Jr. Aces resulted in a 2-1-1 record. They will return tonight (Sunday) from 5 days in Minnesota attending a "showcase". Well, our boys didn't "show" very well because they lost all 4 games pretty badly :(




My 3rd Equinox Marathon!!! 
This is me at the turnaround, as you can see it says "turnaround"!
There is a 2 mile stretch where you run down the trail, hit this turnaround and run back. Runners high five each other and give encouraging words as they pass. It's very up lifting. I found myself asking though..."are we close???"





This is the "Chute". Its a treacherous path down the power line, very steep and slippery.



It was a beautiful day, but cold. 
Because I was walking, I never really warmed up.
 Part of the trail had snow on it!
This picture is of the end, near the University :)



It's amazing the difference a day makes!
Yesterday it looked like this and today it's been snowing non stop!!! UGH!

Love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment